Nick of Time Foundation in partnership with the UW Center For Sports Cardiology conduct ON-SITE heart screenings for adolescents and young adults ages 14-24. NoTF facilitates six to ten on-site EKG youth heart screenings per school year. Offered to all students ages 14-24 regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, and socio-economic status. Our screening model is being used nationwide as the “gold standard” for community-based screening programs.
Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) is the leading cause of death in exercising young athletes, happening every 2 days in the US. Most have hidden cardiac abnormalities with no warning signs until suffering
Screenings consist of a Heart Health Survey asking about possible signs & symptoms or family history of a heart condition. An EKG is performed that analyzes the electrical signals of the heart and in some cases, a limited physical exam or Echocardiogram of the heart is conducted. The results are reviewed on site by cardiologists and sports physicians experienced in EKG youth heart screens.
2018-2019 Screening Dates and Locations
- Jun. 12, 2019 Federal Way High School- Federal Way SD
2019-2020 Screening Dates and Locations
- Aug. 28, 2019 Roosevelt HS- Seattle
- Sep. 25, 2019 NoTF Express / Ferris HS- Spokane
- Oct. 2, 2019 Anacortes HS- Anacortes
- Nov. 6, 2019 Bothell HS- Bothell
- Feb. 5, 2020 Bellevue Christian School- Bellevue
- Mar. 4, 2020 Lake Stevens HS- Lake Stevens
- Apr. 1, 2020 Archbishop Murphy HS- Everett
- May 6, 2020 Monroe HS- Monroe